This coming Saturday, May 7, we'll be gathering at St. Albans from 10:00 am to 12:30 pm, to celebrate Shabbat, or you can participate via the Zoom link posted below.
Our health protocols are described below, and we'll still be offering a Zoom option for those who are being more cautious. Short version: bring your vax card and your mask. Also, feel free to invite a friend to the service! We have opened up to guests again.
Here's the full list of precautions we anticipate. (These precautions are to keep us safe from Covid, in light of the fact that we plan to sing together, and to comply with public health requirements and the policies of Saint Albans. There may be changes if required.)
1. We ask that only vaccinated people attend.
2. Per the protocols of St. Albans, the front door will be locked. We will have a greeter at the front door until around 10:20 or so. If you arrive after that time, please text the phone number indicated on the small sign that will be posted on the front door and someone will come down to let you in.
3. There will be a sign-in sheet (and sanitizer) at the top of the stairs. Please print your name on the sheet before entering the service. (This is also required by St. Albans to allow for contact tracing if necessary.)
4. Masks will be optional, except when we are bunched together around the Torah during the Torah Service, when masks will be required. (Note: masks are still strongly recommended by Alameda County Public Health. In practice, most people have been wearing masks most of the time.)
5. We will generally stay at least 5 feet apart, except when gathered around the Torah, when we will be masked.
6. We will open windows on both sides of the room to allow good air circulation, so it may be a bit chilly inside. Dress accordingly.
7. We will set up the chairs ~ 5 feet apart. Households may sit closer together.
8. After the service, we'll give people a little time to decide if they are staying for blessings over juice and challah.
9. The only food offered will be juice and challah.
You may also choose to participate in the service on Zoom. We ask that if you have any symptoms that could possibly indicate Covid that you stay home and participate via Zoom
Meeting ID: 688 039 1088